Monday, January 3, 2011

change

Well, this past week for me I have had a lot of ups and downs, mentally and physically. Feeling like I am unprepared for this run, really brought me down! I think I reached a turning point. After taking Chris's advice, I am trying to look at this run, not like it will defeat me, or I will defeat it. But it is what it is, my goal is to finish, enjoy my accomplishments, and learn from the experience. I went to the gym yesterday, I ran 8 miles on the treadmill, not too bad. I wasn't fast by any means, but i don't care. I'm not trying to win. Slow and Steady, that's my motto. I am excited to run a 1/2 marathon in DISNEY WORLD! I will enjoy it, Enjoy the time with my husband, enjoy my accomplishments, enjoy knowing how far I have come.
Now I must work through this "switch" in my head. I am running, and all of a sudden I just want to stop. I stop then think "what the heck am I doing!?!?!" I don't stop because I'm in pain, or I can't go any further, I just stop. I wish I knew why I do that.. Definitely something to think about... Maybe i will figure it out during the BTWG journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment