Sunday, January 23, 2011

not ready

Well I decided yesterday was my free meal day, and being my daughters birthday I thought long and hard about what I wanted to use it on. I decided I would rather have pizza that we ordered instead of cake, and in place of ice cream, I bought some coconut milk ice cream, that was really good! It is dairy and soy free, and sweetened with Agave. 150 calories per 1/2 cup serving. So anyways back to the pizza...
I ordered pizza from Papa Johns... I ordered regular pizza's then ordered one with thin crust, all veggies, and light on the cheese. I checked into calories, and the regular thin crust veggie pizza a slice is 210 calories... not too bad right, well when you eat 5 pieces, I guess that can't be good... I was going to just have 3, I had been really good all day, and still had plenty of calories to allot for that, but I just couldn't stay out of it. It was totally emotional, and I did NOT take the time to figure out why I was doing it, I just did it. I was way too full, but it didn't seem to matter.
So, back to normal today. Trying not to dwell on the pizza. I didn't have any cake. I am a total CARB LOVER! I really need to watch that. I am going to be more aware, and eat less Cliff Bars ;)
ahh, off to the grocery store... Going to prepare my meals for the week.
Have a great week! Congratulations to everyone on an awesome week 1!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Free meals can be a little tricky, can't they? Armed with that knowledge, I bet your week 2 free meal will be different than week one's. Good for you on prepping for week 2 - and reminds me that I need to do the same today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it was a learning experience, right? I hope you at least enjoyed the splurge. I'm really proud of you for turning down birthday cake. Whew . . . that's a toughy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you, Becky! I wasn't going to have a 'free' meal because I know how it can de-rail me & finally gave in to some pizza,because in the back oh my mind i kept thinking, but you can have just one....i'll have to blog about it later, because it was all emotional for me too. Let's just make a pack that we won't have pizza for our free meal anymore, K? K! (unless we make our own dough & make it from home with fresh ingredients).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sherri! Yes my first Free meal was tricky, and am already planning to go a totally different route for week 2!
    Amber- I did learn from the experience, and at the time frame of eating the pizza I did very much enjoy it!
    Shawna- I agree, no pizza for my free meals! of course unless it is all in the approved list ;)

    ReplyDelete