Sunday, January 9, 2011

Run of my life

I did it!!! It was amazing! The first 6 miles were awesome! I felt great, the atmosphere was fun, I was having a great time. At mile 8 I started to feel it, my body was in shock I think. My hips started to ache... Mile 10, I had a potty break, I totally felt it then. My body did not want to go any further. I kept on going, I dug deep. The last 2 miles were for sure the hardest. I was ready to stop, my body was telling me to stop, my mind was telling me not to quit. i had my husband there right beside me the whole time, which was such an encouragement. He could have gone on and blew the pants off of me, but he stayed by my side. The last mile, was my mile. It felt like it was 5 miles, lol. Every part of my body hurt, my feet were on fire, my knee was hurting, my ankle was sore, I felt sick. I concentrated on my breathing, on finishing, on my goal. I thought about my experience, my journey, what this race meant to me. I made it, ran the whole way, and really proved something to myself. It was great! So I complete this awesome race, and eat like crap the whole entire weekend... hmmm. There is something wrong there.
I am anxious to get my fitness test done, since i was gone this weekend, I get mine done this coming Friday...

7 comments:

  1. Great job! What a wonderful way to start your BTWG program! Don't worry about the initial fitness test. They're very sweet and supporting. It's also nice to know where you're starting, you know? In fact, I'd like a copy of that one sheet they fill out. You'll do great. So glad the race turned out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! There is nothing better than the feeling of being DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Becky!!!!! You proved that you have what it takes to do exceptionally well in BTWG. You stuck with it, even when it got tough - that's BTWG, that's life.

    Looking forward to meeting you on Friday.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I have a long way to go to run a marathon (even a 1/2 marathon), but it's definitely on my list. With BTWG program outline, I really think it's possible -not just a pipe dream. Anyway, tons of respect and appreciation for what you did. Can't wait to meet you in person and hear about your experience. Very very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEA great job Becky!!! GIT er DONE. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! It is still very surreal to me. I feel like something has changed in me. I keep thinking I actually CAN do these things, The only thing that can hold me back is me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So proud of you! We will get this eating crappy out of our system soon enough! Great job on an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete