Sunday, February 20, 2011

Girl Scout Cookie Time! Ha

Thinking about yesterdays meeting, Chris was talking about emotional eating etc. and learning to deal with our issues in other ways. I was thinking maybe that's why I feel so drained, with all of the stress of my work, and busyness of my life I am not turning to eating, though I do think about it. I have got to quit letting myself get ultra hungry, because all I think about is what I can get into my mouth. My daughter is in Girl Scouts, and there are cookies in the house. I wanted to eat a box of thin mints yesterday sooo bad! But I knew it was because I was super hungry, and tired, and have had a bit of a rough week. So I didn't touch them.  I grabbed handfuls of raisins, a spoon of peanut butter, and a banana instead. Plus to top it all off I came home from the meeting yesterday to our fridge not working. Things were already thawing in the freezer, so I had to deal with that, and we had to go out and buy a new one. But I didn't stress out about it like I would have before, It is what it is, and I dealt with it. I think the most stressful part of getting a new fridge was trying to get it in the house with my husband. We don't always work so well together when it comes to things like that, lol. I did get a good strength workout in though, HA!
So anyways... these next two weeks will be different. I am going to try and be prepared as I can be, make the best choices I can, and try not to stress if my day isn't perfect. Life isn't perfect. It is what it is right?
Have a good week, I am off to deliver cookies ;)

5 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job and dealing well with stress. I am not sure I would have been able to help that guy lug the fridge in, good job.

    You will be fine in FtWayne and if you slide a little you slide. You will get right back to it when you get home, no worries, no excuses.

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you and I need to exchange husbands when there's heavy stuff to move and lift and fit through tight doors! No, life isn't perfect but it's pretty damn good, isn't it? Congrats on skipping on the box of cookies because you analyzed "where" you were at that very moment...isn't it great to know that because you took in healthy food instead, your body said thank you and your sweet little head didn't start throwing the guilt trip your way? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky<
    Isn't it great that when you ignore the old coping mechanisms, you really can find new and healthy ones! Way to go!
    Staring at 2 boxes of Girl Scout crack myself ... time for some tea!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said no to Girl Scout cookies?! Whew, girl. That's impressive. Especially Thin Mints. See, look how more aware you've become knowing what type of hunger it is and knowing what to eat to curb the hunger. Heck, wouldn't we all down the box of cookies a while ago (or maybe even now on a bad day)? Stress sucks!! My husband and I watched a documentary on it the other night. We're both teachers and I guess sometimes that stuff is interesting to us. Amazing how something made to protect our lives (flight or fight) is now so amazingly common in our bodies. I can see how harmful it must be.

    Good job with the fridge. Girl power!

    ReplyDelete