Thursday, February 24, 2011

sailing?... sinking? floating?

It is much harder to "sail" than I thought! Wow! I am up in Fort Wayne now, it is day 2. I went to the grocery and stocked up on good stuff. Breakfast and lunch is easy, it's dinner that is the hard meal. I went out last night, and chose well. Then my mom ( For those who don't know, my mom and I produce The Fort Wayne Home and Garden Show) orders Carrot Cake for desert... hmmm... The waiter brings an extra fork and tells me I am going to want a bite... Boy was he right! We ended up sharing the piece. I say it could have been worse, I tracked it, hopefully I am over it, I don't have those "guilty" feelings I normally would have. I don't feel bad, I ate it, it was good, and I am ok with that... I'm not going to totally blow this whole thing just because of it. Every year when I come up here, I always treat it like my away time, my break from the usual. I don't have my family here, I spend a lot of time going to dinners etc. I don't feel bad about having a glass or two of wine, and don't feel bad about all of the treats we have here at the show. Its once a year right? This year is different, I had water with my dinner, and I am ok with that. I even found that doing meditation has been easier. I have no usual distractions. Anyways... it's only day 2, I am sure I will have my ups and downs, but blogging about it, at least makes me feel accountable ;)
Hope everyone is having a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Good work my friend. Never easy being away from home. I hope you keep this great attitude and I know you will do well either way. You are not the same person that you were last year. You have grown and are on the right path. You are right where you need to be.
    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great Becky! Keep blogging, we are down here in Indy cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, aren't you in charge of something huge?! Good job sticking with the water and not beating yourself up over a piece of carrot cake. I hope the rest of your time there goes well. We're thinking of ya!

    ReplyDelete