Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trust the process

The further I get into this program, my awareness grows. Yesterdays meeting was good, there weren't many of us due to the snow,  so we all really got to know each other a bit better. Chris asked us all if we are "in".  I am "in", my thinking is changing, my reaction to food is changing, my body is changing. This program really isn't about losing  the most weight I can during the 12 weeks, then going back to the way I was, it's about treating my body with respect, creating a way of eating for the rest of my life.
I feel great, I really do, my body has detoxed, I don't have my old cravings to sugar, or even carbs the way I did before. My body is reacting to the program so well. I almost can't believe how well. It's like my body is thanking me for treating it right. I am starting to think about food, in a totally different way, in terms of protein content, carbs, and good fat, I check to see what is in it, before I eat it. By all means I am not perfect at this, I don't know if I will ever be, I still like my treats, but I am having different treats now. I cook almost every night, I have been trying to find recipes that my family will eat, and I stock so many fruits and veggies in the house, there is no excuse to have an unhealthy snack.
Awareness is huge, trust is huge. To any of you who aren't all "in" I'm telling you, trust the process, if you just do it, give it 2 weeks, you will notice it too. It's not torture at all, it's not, it's setting yourself free.
This is an awesome experience!
No excuses!

5 comments:

  1. Know that you are right. Chris' project tip for the weekend hit me right b/t the eyes yesterday. It's all about planning. I'm aware that I haven't jumped all 'in,' but I'm not sure of the 'why' behind it. I am afraid, which is not a typical emotion for me, but I am not sure entirely of what.

    Appreciate this post. Planning menu and workouts for this week. Need to recommit and trust the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on, Becky. And how awesome of you to share with those who might be hesitant to stride up to the edge right now, peek over and launch themselves.

    For so many reasons, I am reminded of a Mary Oliver poem that ends with this question which we should all ask ourselves:

    "Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky,
    Yeah for you! Yes, it is about freedom, and not punishment, isn't it? I'm so glad you have reached that realization!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Becky!

    I especially love that you are finding you crave new "treats". I am a HUGE fan of treats, but now pretty much all of them are good treats to have. I still overdo it sometimes, but it's better knowing that I am overdoing it with high fiber cereal and fat free greek yogurt than with Twinkies.

    Hope it just gets more enjoyable!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete